Konica Minolta Healthcare Introduces KDR X-Ray System
Konica Minolta Healthcare Americas unveiled the KDR Primary Digital Radiography System, targeting office-based X-ray environments such as orthopedic groups and family practices. Based on Konica Minolta’s KDR Advanced U-arm System, the new X-ray leads with its combination of image quality, swivel range, and small footprint.
Visaris Americas Targets Mobile Homecare with Alpinion Ultrasound Deal
Visaris Americas partnered with ultrasound manufacturer Alpinion Medical Systems, allowing Visaris to sell Alpinion’s E-CUBE diagnostic ultrasound products in the U.S. Visaris will leverage its expanded ultrasound lineup to drive its growth in the mobile homecare imaging segment, which Visaris already supports with its Vision M portable X-ray systems.
Esaote Acquisition Now Complete
Esaote’s acquisition by a consortium of Chinese investors, including a number of major Chinese medical technology companies (Wandong, Yuyue, Kangda), is complete roughly 16 months after it was first announced. Esaote is now expected to speed its growth plans, particularly expanding in China and selling the consortium companies’ products in its traditional territories. This is a common strategy following this type of Chinese acquisition. However, Esaote will likely continue to operate as an independent international company, with its headquarters in Italy, and its R&D and manufacturing centers in Italy and the Netherlands.
Xoran Launches MiniCAT 2020 Sinus CT
Xoran released its new MiniCAT 2020 sinus-optimized cone-beam CT (CBCT) scanner, touting a value proposition that leads with its small size, low dosage, and low-cost. The MiniCAT 2020 is designed for ENT and Allergy physicians and joins Xoran’s lineup of specialized point-of-care CT scanners, including the two-year old MiniCAT IQ, a premium CT scanner intended for use with the sinuses, skull base and temporal bone.
- PACS solutions company INFINITT signed a US distribution deal with Technology Partners (dba ImagineSoftware) to offer an integrated medical billing solution that automates and reduces the billing cycle for imaging procedures.
- icometrix’s icobrain software, which supports dementia diagnosis in MRI scans, received FDA 510(k) clearance and CE marking, making it available across the US and Europe.
- Elekta and Philips are installing a high-field (1.5 Tesla) MR-guided linear accelerator at The Netherlands Cancer Institute, leveraging Elekta’s MR-linac, which integrates a radiotherapy system and a high-field MRI scanner with software that allows doctors to locate a tumor and maintain accuracy during radiotherapy delivery.
- Extremity CT scanner manufacturer CurveBeam signed a contract with group purchasing organization Vizient, making CurveBeam’s pedCAT (foot and ankle CT) and InReach (hand, wrist, elbow CT) systems available to the group’s members.
- Brainlab, in collaboration with Elekta, added the new VersaHD high-res planning algorithm to its Brainlab Elements software platform, improving radiation dose conformity for treating brain tumors.
- Fujitsu Laboratories Japan developed AI technology that it claims allows image object detection with only a small amount of available data for deep learning, achieving a more than 2x improvement in detection accuracy.
- There is a good reason to develop labor-reducing imaging solutions – radiologists are expensive. A report revealed that radiologists are the 5th highest-paid medical specialists, earning an average of $401k annually (top four were: gastroenterology, cardiology, orthopedics and plastic surgery).
- Trace-Ability announced that the FDA allowed the initial usage of its Tracer-QC solution at Mass General Hospital, where the solution will be used to automate release testing of Ammonia in PET injections.
The Resource Wire
- Agfa whitepaper on augmented intelligence and intelligent workflows
- Caresteam video interview details Clinical Collaboration Platform success story
- Canon and Toshiba publish “New Horizons in Ultrasound” report
- Fujifilm video outlines its women’s health solutions
- GE video overview on Centricity Universal Viewer
- IBM Watson post highlights client success at The Iowa Clinic
- Konica Minolta publishes latest Kontours issue
- Olympus webinar on bringing endoscopic ultrasound to community hospitals
- Olympus video on the benefits of using CO2 in endoscopy
- Philips article highlights pediatric radiology innovations
- Philips video highlights its radiology solutions at ECR 2018
- Philips article on managing cybersecurity risks in healthcare
- Siemens video on digitalizing healthcare in radiology
- Siemens and the HBR’s perspective on transforming care delivery
- Siemens and the HBR paper on “The Power of Digitalizing Healthcare”
- Siemens video on expanding precision medicine with BioMatrix technology